Premier Eyeglasses in Austin, TX
Eyeglasses may have antiquated origins, but are in many ways more common today than ever despite innovations in vision correction surgery and contact lenses. Glasses have unwaveringly emerged from strict practicality to fashion statements. When you are searching for premier eyeglasses in Austin, TX, and surrounding areas, trust the experts at Envision Eye Center.
Eyeglass Frame Materials
Today, frames include flexible spring hinges, and several types of eyeglass frames are highly pliable, reducing the likelihood of breakage. These types of frames are perfect for kids’ eyeglasses because of their durability. Eyeglass frame materials have also been transformed with the arrival of new plastics and a variety of metal types. Eyeglasses in Mueller, Texas, Star, and Austin, TX are usually composed of one of the following:
- Stainless steel
Some eyeglass frames have parts that can be snapped on instead of being attached by screws. This type of feature can be handy if you choose to combine different colored temples with the same set of lenses.
Current Frame Styles
Eyeglasses have become stylish and fashionable accessories, particularly among enthusiasts of high-end designers. Many people choose frames the same way they select handbags or shoes by picking different styles and colors to coordinate with their outfits. Designer emblems, multi-colored inlays, composite materials, and insets of precious stones are found in fashionable frame styles. Rimless styles have become more popular as an understated approach to wearing glasses without visible frames by attaching metal or plastic temples directly onto lenses rather than frames.
We are proud to carry the following frame brands: Tom Ford, ProDesign, Salt, Persol, Prada, Tory Burch, Coach, Kate Spade, RayBan, Modo, Eco, Ralph Lauren, Polo, Emporio Armani, Pez for Kids, Jalapenos for Kids and RayBan Junior for Kids.
- RayBan: The ever popular RayBan line offers iconic styles in exciting new colors and materials in both optical and sunglass frames, including the popular Wayfarer and Aviator styles. You can even customize your favorite frame!
- Salt: SALT stands for Sea, Air, Land, Timeless- Salt.Optics is about beautiful and simple design, combining high style and top quality to create hand-crafted eyewear from Japan.
- Eco: Eco is the first eyewear brand with sustainability and social responsibility as its main commitments. Eco is the only brand made of 95% recycled content and 64% biobased materials. A tree is planted for every frame sold. “Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good” is the Eco motto.
- Tom Ford: Born in Austin, TX, and raised in Santa Fe, New Mexico, Tom Ford is among the most highly respected and sought-after designers today. Optical and sunglass frames feature the iconic inlayed “T” on the temples, recognizable by any true Tom Ford enthusiast.
- ProDesign: Clean Danish design is the basis of the ProDesign line, but they always add a twist of something surprising or unexpected, aiming to balance classic and clean with bold and bright to continuously keep classic styles updated.
- Silhouette: Silhouette began with a vision- eyewear as an accessory- in 1964, and is now the leading brand in lite eyewear worldwide. Silhouette frames are mostly handcrafted in an individual design, employing the best materials and latest technologies. Highly customizable, they also offer matching polarized sun clips.
- Persol: Persol began making eyewear for pilots and sports drivers almost 100 years ago, and the brand is celebrating this milestone with their Film Noir Editions, featuring an art deco style inlay on the temples. Persol blends past and present in timeless styles, distinguished by their unique design and innovative technical solutions, including a patented hinge built into the temples
Contact Us Today
Your lifestyle, personal taste, and appearance are the perfect guide to finding just the right eyeglasses for you. For an optometrist in Austin, TX and surrounding neighborhoods, you can rely on Envision Eye Center. Contact us today at (512) 271-6677 to schedule an appointment. You can also use our convenient online request form.