In order to ensure the safety of our staff, patients and the wider community and to help reduce the spread of COVID, we have implemented updated protocols exceeding the guidance given by the Centers for Disease Control and the Texas Optometry Board. Some of the updates include:
- In an effort to be as contactless as possible and eliminate the need to check in at the front desk, all patient forms must be completed online 24 hours prior to your visit. Additionally, please ensure a picture of your medical insurance card and drivers license (for new patients) have also been texted to us 24 hours prior to your appointment. Our text messaging platform is HIPAA compliant and meets requirements for protecting patient information.
- We require that all patients 5 and over wear a mask which covers your nose and mouth. Each staff member will also be masked with a KN95 and surgical mask.
- Temperature check upon entry. Any temperature above 100F will be rescheduled for at least two weeks later.
- We ask all patients to immediately wash their hands upon entry.
- Please come alone. Only pediatric and elderly patients may have one person accompany them to their exam.
- We are deep cleaning all rooms, machines, equipment and common areas in between patients with EPA registered hospital grade disinfectants.
- Any frame a patient has tried on will be sanitized.
Please click below to schedule an appointment directly or call our office at 512-271-6677 if you have any questions.